• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SNOW GOOSE

Crappie_ Kid

Lotsa geese in South Dakota right now.

Its gonna be a tough hunt, because of the mud factor.

The roads are soft, the fields are even softer.

If you get into them decoying, youre going to earn them.

Just got back from a recent trip to the ranch. Viewed lots of white birds from Interstate 29 west to the Ipswich area, not many west of there however. Saw many migrating flocks and a few on the ground. I'd get there ASAP if your going out hunting soon! Looked like the push over by us was over with a few small flocks here and there. SB

I hate to say it but they are pretty much gone. Between me and a couple other we looked over brookings, kingsbury, hamlin, duel, lake, moody, and part of clark county yesterday and what was around wednesday bugged out early thursday. I just talked to a guy up by britton and he said there is nothing up there with a few left on sand lake. The good news is that it sounds like the juvies havent even showed. First hand word says most of them are still in NE and havent made it here yet. Hopefully its not over for good but is sounds like there will be some lag time before the dumb ones get here.

I'd like to do a snow goose hunt in 08. Anybody willing to take one more on? I have a friend in school at SDSU that I'll be talking to but it'd be good to have a backup plan I think. Last year I was going to go but I got scared off by the snow, so I never made it. What does a non-res. need to get?