• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick flasher question

snoozebutton

Just got the Marcum VX1 and took it out today for the first time. Worked great and after a little playing around, I got it zeroed in and started picking up fish, ended up with a dozen nice crappies.

Anyhow, my question is do you guys charge it up after every

use or do you let it run down before charging. I was told with a deep cell battery you want to run it all the way down the first time or it developes "memory." Is it the same with this battery?

Thanks, Steve

Lead-acid batteries don't develop a memory. It is the ni-cad batteries that do.

If lead-acid batteries developed a memory you would have to drain your car battery all the way down before charging instead of your alternator recharging it as the car runs.

It doesn't matter if the acid is liquid like a car battery or gel like a flasher battery acid is acid.