• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roland Martin

friendlyfisher

How low can he go?????

Have any of you guys caught the latest comercial of Roland Martin trying to help sell a fishing rod/reel that you do not have to cast, you push a button and it shots the bait/bobber out about thirty feet into the lake. I thought he was doing well enough that he did not have to endorse such a lousy product. The helicopter lure I understand(kind of), but this is rediculous. I would like to guess the next product out on the market. A bobber that when it goes down your rods automaticly sets the hook, or a reel that automaticly reels in the fish with the correct amount of tourque so you do not break the line? Then there is my step dads idea, a net that has a lid you slide on top so the fish can not jump out.

How do we expect people to take our sport seriously when on of our top pros/personalities is selling out?

Oh yeah I have one more, how about a remote controled bobber, so after your cast you can move your bobber back into the toughest places without spooking the fish. Now that I think of it, that might actually be a good idea. So forget I said that one, Im calling Roland right now to give him a pitch on the "Control A Bobber" or whatever its called.

I know what you mean about Roland Martin - I can't bring myself to watch his show anymore (Mornings at about 4;30 am on the Outdoor Channel)because he is so blantant about selling product. It is unbelievable in every sense of the word and so is he - from shirts to sun block to lures to frog togs to boca grips to his gps in his boat or truck to his marina on the big "O" - there is nothing he touches during the show that he does not try to promote/sell.

He has really become a parody of himself. frown.gif I hope he comes to his senses.

Daze Off

My little nephew wanted one of those goofy shooting fishing poles. I "strongly" recommended my sister not to buy him one.

One must remember that the proprietary opening bobber is a must and now think about every time you break off......

The bobber that sets the hook...aready invented and marketed

My father has one [still in the box]

from 30 years ago,,believe me ,I laugh every time I see it,and I will not even think about using it....GOSH NO WAY

thought I would add this to the mix

And I met Roland at an FLW event years ago,he was pleasant,and chatted for a min. with some of us,so I will not kick the man too hard

Maybe Roland is bored since retiring or maybe he needs the $$?

I remember him and the Bill Dance fishing shows when I was a kid. They instilled catch and release in me way back when. I'm 33 now. I learned so much from them that I can't knock them either even if he's sponsoring a bum product. For handicap people though this may be the only way to cast and get them on the water and enjoy fishing.

I haven't seen the product at all, but I can't knock Roland. Heck I still remember the dang theme song.

He's a great american fisherman.

He'll fish anywhere.

Anywhere there's water, lord knows he'll be there.

I never said I wasn't part dork tongue.gif

Redfish eh? I guess I saw a show with him and his wife going for them a month or two ago. I don't really watch his show much any more. I still record Bill Dance though, Bassmasters, Day on the Lake, Linders, Midwest outdoors, infisherman, and that guy who freaks out on every fish, John Gilespy or something like that.

Daze if you want to rip Roland then by all means go for it. We're still fishing the Rum this season with or without Roland luv.

I will rip on that Beat Charlie Moore show - Charlie needs to relax

EB -

I'm all over that Rum trip...

I've pummeled Roland enough but Charlie Moore deserves MUCH more....that is the only thing I appreciated about ESPN abandoning its Saturday AM deal is Charlie went away with it...LOL

In the meantime, I am getting really pumped about Table Rock at the end of next month - already bought WAY too much new tackle for it (as usual).

Daze Off

Daze Daze Daze, you alreay have way too many crankbaits. There's only a couple you need down there.

Crawdad pattern wiggle warts are by far the number one bait early season down there, various degree of the orange crawdad color. Next best probably a jerk bait in shad pattern but a purple back. Add suspend strips or dots because the cold water is very dense. Purple is a deal down there. Make that purple back on any shad or white jerkbaits with a sharpie marker. Just a line on the back or a couple gills on the side. You gotta bump the stump! So you need one of those lure retrievers for sure. If you don't have one you'll waste at least $100 on crankbaits.

Table Rocks the only place I every took a boat ride 50 miles in one long run. The temp was only about 25 degrees and the windchill at 72 mph gps was pretty low.

I really like the marina areas up in Indian Creek. Especially the first two or three bays. It would make sense that the outer points of the big creeks would be staging areas for the fish coming off the main lake wintering areas.

I hope you get some real nice weather. If you get good warm weather you could have some real action. And don't forget you can stop at Bass Pro Shops and blow another $200 on lures just before you hit the lake.

My favorite fishin show was John Fox. The song went John Fox Can I come along... He was a smashing heavy cover jig flipper. John Fox really wacked em on his shows. Denny Brauer kinda guy.

beef -

I'm already all over those hard jerkbaits - they are cheaper here than at BPS - in those colors and I got both Wiggle Warts and Timber Tigers just waiting to get wet.

I'm told the soft plastic colors are darker greens and browns with watermelon candy, cinnamon purple flake, and PB & J being specifically mentioned. Those colors would apply to jigs as well.

As for grubs, smoke pepper and milky colors are must haves from what I am told. In-Fisherman magazine has had very good articles on fishing highland reservoirs (TR specifically) in the last two issues and an old Bassmaster mag also had some very good material. In addition, there has been an awesome gentlemen who lives right on the lake and fishes it extensively who has sent us some very detailed info on locations/baits/tackle set-ups/presentations. If we do not catch 'em all we can blame it on is operator error and the weather...LOL

We are staying closer to mid-lake near where the James River arm drops in from the north so will be fishing more from Kimberling City and west - unless of course we hear that the bite over near Indian Pt, the dam, and Long Creek is where you need to be...we fished that area last time I was down there with lousy results (massive cold front).

If you did a 50 mile run on Table Rock then you litterally went from one end to the other and beyond - by staying mid-lake we hoped to reduce that a bit but are counting on 20 mile runs each day. If the distance is too great, we'll trailer the boats to a closer landing as trucks get better mileage than boats....

Except for the jigs and spinnerbaits, I'm pretty well set at this point. Don't want to repeat what happened to me last time - I counted on BPS having everything I needed and they were sold out of everything used at the Rock (imagine that) so we ended up scrounging around trying to find stuff. I had to buy a Lucky Craft Pointer as it was all they had in the TR color pattern - still kills me to spend that kind of $$$ on one bait...

Closed circuit to you: FYI I am not fishing the club anymore - I'm going to work on my skills and fish a couple of small $$ tournaments instead.

Daze Off