• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Juniors coverage

setterguy

I know the games are all on the NHL Center Ice Package. I have that through my cable company. I was a little hesitant to get it at first, but I have to tell you it was money well spent! Just to see the World Junior games in my opinion is worth the $120 I paid for it. Not to mention the 3 or 4 Wild games each year that aren’t televised. I also love watching the Pittsburgh Penguins games. That team is fun to watch with Crosby and Malkin. I am completely sold on Crosby. That kid is the real deal! Every shift he makes something happen.

Call your cable company. I know last year they were reducing the price drastically around this time of year for the remainder of the season. It’s worth the money. If you call and get it hooked up today there are some great games on. Canada plays today at noon, the Wild play at 6:30 vs Toronto (no local TV coverage by the way), and USA plays at 8:30. Another full hockey day for me! If only there was a Gopher game on to cap it all off.

FYI....

Jeff Frazee played the final five games of the World Junior Championship for Team USA and finished with a 4-1 record, a 1.72 goals against average and a.939 save percentage. He is 11-1 in IIHF championship competition lifetime with a gold (2005 IIHF World Under-18 Championship) and bronze (2007 IIHF World Junior Championship) medal to his credit.

NOTES: Erik Johnson was named the best defenseman in the World Junior Championship by the IIHF directorate. He is only the second U.S. blueliner in the history of the event to receive the honor, joining Joe Corvo, who was honored in 1997... The U.S. had two players on the six-member media all-star team, including Erik Johnson on defense and forward Patrick Kane.

At each IIHF World Championship, awards are presented to the three best players of each team. The recipients for Team USA were defensemen Erik Johnson and Jack Johnson as well as forward Patrick Kane... Erik Johnson finished as Team USA's leading point-getter with 4-6—10 in seven games, including 1-1-2 in the bronze-medal contest. He had at least one point in each of the team's last six games... Patrick Kane was the leading goal-scorer with five. Kane had 5-4—9 in seven tournament games.

They finished with the bronze when they beat the host team Sweden 4-2.