• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chev s-10 rear brakes

pj4

Question

my rear brakes barley work. new shoes, adjusted them up, wheel cylinders do work, bleed brakes, tried diff master cylinder,anti-lock computor,computor disconnected, even tried by-passing anti lock, still no brakes. any suggestions? its a '91' S-10 exteneded cab 4x4

8 answers to this question

when on icy roads, the rear tires roll while the front lock up.jacked up one rear tire,put in gear, with front tires blocked and applied brakes, this only slows the tire slightly. how else can a person check the brakes? the shoes are the correct ones.

Anti-lock rear brakes maybe? Some vehicles have that set up.

Could be proportioning valve also.

More often than not, vehicles just need the brakes bled. I usually have mine pressure bled after doing major brake work.

?

You got me on this one! If there is an issue it would have to be with hydralics. None of the other electrical stuff should have any influence with out there being some sort of audible or sensory perception. A disfuctional ABS system will not inhibit the braking quality of a vehicle.

Have you turned/replaced the drums?

Was the master new or remanufactered?

Are you sure all the air is bled out?