• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rideable snow anywhere in MN?

Reynolds

Decided to look up the snow reports myself. I am very sad to say that there doesn't seem to be any snow in the state. I even looked at a couple of places in Michigan, and even they are only reporting a couple of inches. This lack of snow the past numbers of years is really disheartening. mad.gif

Reynolds,

Kabetogama/Ash River area has 6-8" on the ground. Trails have been cleared and packed but not groomed. Lakes are freezing nicely but Voyageurs Nat'l Park service advises no lake travel at this time due to spotty ice conditions. We have had 2 cold nights lately and hopefully we made some ice but I have heard reports from 3" to a foot and the foot isn't really "great" ice. Extreme caution is advised on hard water surfaces. The trails are being ridden tho.

The Ash River-Kab Snowdrifters have a pretty up-to-date condtions report. Also watch the Crane/Kab and Rainy Lake forums for good ice info up here.

LET IT SNOW - PLEASE!

Anyone Looking For Snow

Here's a great link for VNPS -

http://www.nps.gov/voya/photosmultimedia/voyageurs-national-park-photos.htm

If the link doesn't work, do a cut and paste - aweswome lake/ice shots.

It also shows that there is ice probs up here. But the trails have 2-4" on them from I. Falls to Crane Lake as of 12/21/06.

LET IT SNOW - PLEASE!