• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help a Beginner Cyote hunter.

Well i really want to do some cyote hunting over xmas break when im home from school. I have read on here how much fun it is, so i was thinking of giviing it a try. I guess any information would be great like bare essentials, type of gun, do i need a call, what do you use for bait, can you shine them? these and any other helpful information would be greatly apprectiated!!

Jig

Just about any rifle will work except the .22lr, and the 17hmr. shining is allowed but not until the first of January and you can only use a shotgun. Calling works well and there are plenty of calls on the market that are very easy to use. sinse you are just starting off i would recommend a closed reed call. They are very easy to use just blow air into them and they make the sound. this is very brief but a start, good luck.

then the next step is to find some hunting land. go out and ask some farmers. i know most of them would be happy to let you go out and shoot some yote's. other wise find some public land with some high grond and big grassy area's next to some cattail swamps and start calling. what i found out that works the best is ware some snow camo and over look the cattail swamp. hey roosterslayer do you hunt coyote's around monicello. cause if you want a partener i have access to alot of land to shoot some coyote's and pheasants also. let me know. you can e-mail me at [email protected].