• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deer lottery question

Just got done surfing through the nd-dnr web page looking for info on which units have the the best bucktag/applicant ratio. I deerhunt unit 2c and haven't pulled a buck tag in 4 years straight. I know non-res is really tough but I have access to land in other units and just want to see if I can get into an area with a better chance. I didn't find anything on the site, anybody out there have any leads on where to get this info???

thanks

jeff

I know for sure that it comes out in the ND Outdoors Magazine sometime in the spring... and sometimes in the weekley news.. but I haven't seen it yet.

I'll repost here when I get the issue of ND Outdoors that has the info...

marine_man

Dont bother with applying in 2G1 as also takes many years to pull a tag. One option you might have is to get the guide list from the Game and Fish and call and see what they charge for a tag.

A percentage of the tags go to the guides. Some dont charge to much over the cost and then some think they are gold and solid at that.

Hello,

Im a non resident of nd, and wanted to go archery season next year. Is this a lottery draw,or can you buy a license over the counter? In info on this would be great. Went to the nd dnr web site and just cant seem to come across the info i need.

Thanks

So Tom am I wrong. Do Non Residents have to apply for bow tags through the lottery only? I guess I knew resident was over the counter just figure so was Non Residents? Or do you get the extra doe tags through the lottery?

If you want a non-resident bow tag for ND, you buy it over the counter. All rifle tags for non-residents are lottery. What I was reffering to was the extra doe tags that you apply for in the lottery. They are good for archery also if you want to save your bow tag for buck only. I always apply for 2-3 doe tags in the lottery and that way my buck bow tag is saved for a dandy and I can still shoot my eater does with the bow. 50 dollars for the extra doe tags in the lottery for a non-resident.

Sorry if I mixed you up.

Gotcha That is what I was think after I re read it but I wasn't for sure so I thought I would ask. Thanks for the clarification. I knew the non residents 2nd and on drawing doe tags were only $50. We have about 3 non resident hunt in our party every year and that is what they get. Not bad price compaired to the $200 for the first drawing price.

Does any one know when the deadline is to apply for a rifle tag? Is out of state diffent from resident (as far as the date goes)? One more question -is it fairly tough to get ppl to let you deer hunt on thier land...i always like to ask even if its not posted!

H.L. and IFF, I'm confused. I thought non-residents had to apply for an archery tag via a lottery now? I thought this changed a couple years ago???

My understanding was that since there were fewer non-res applications than there were allotted tags, that everyone who applied got one and then they sold some of the remaining ones over the counter? Also, I thought I read that there'd be fewer tags allotted for the drawing this year. I'm confused. Am I thinking of something totally different??? H.L., I know you get your tag as a non-resident every year, so I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I swear I read this info somewhere recently. Help???

The deadline for both res/nonres is the same. The deadline for the apps. in ther lottery is Wednesday,June 6th. Personally, I would have some hunting property lined up before you apply. Some areas are good and some are somewhat more diffucult to access. The price is $200 plus General game and Habitat for 13.00 and a Hunting certifiacate for 2.00.

Scoot- I buy my non-res archery deer tags over the counter. There is a any deer archerytag and its first come, first serve for that license. There are only so many available.

I guess I honestly don't know. I never had to apply for the non resident stuff. But the game and fish are really good at answering your questions give them a hollar at

General Information: 701-328-6300

Licensing: 701-328-6335

Quote:

Does any one know when the deadline is to apply for a rifle tag?

This is somewhat dependent on what type of tag you're hoping to get. If you're after a buck tag then you'll need to apply by the date Harvey Lee provided above.

If you're only after a doe tag I would wait until after the second drawing and put in then (presuming there have been doe tags left over after the first and second drawings). Then you can buy a non resident doe tag for $50 plus $15 for the other stamps.

marine_man