• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okoboji ice?

anybody been out in the boji area? i want to get my dad into ice fishing, and nothing does it quite like the clear waters of the okoboji lakes. was gonna send him to anglers bay or smiths, if the perch are too deep in spirit.

possibly tell him to try the north grade on spirit.

any reports, or should i try another site?

I know they were out on Angler's bay last weekend. I heard reports of alot of open water on West, but bays had frozen over. We've had warm weather and rain this week, so I'm not sure if conditions have deteriorated to the point of not being safe. I'm opting for farm ponds, or perhaps some late season pheasant action until we get another good cold snap.

NWBuck

thanks buck,

perhaps i'll wait to send dad out after the new year.

i did check an iowa fishing forum, but the way this one is set up is so much better. how are the canals? i'm not sure i could give my dad good directions to them, but i could get him to shuck's and they could tell him where to go.