• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Monster Box Update

Dakota Iceman

I said I would give feedback on my purchase, so here goes. I am very pleased with otter and the monster box set-up with auger shield. Dave, thanks for your help with the info and follow-up. It does not appear that I was hit with 30.00 handeling fee as i had it shipped to my work and not residential. Also..it is worth noting that the sickening feeling in my gut was not warranted in any way, in fact I was actually quite pleased with the actual freight charges as opposed to what i was seeing on their HSOforum....I was in zone 2 for shipping wich should according to the chart been opprox. 50.00 for the box and then another 12.00 or so for the auger....i think the if they had the bucket holder it would have been another 12.00 (these are estimates) so I was adding all that stuff up and then thinking I might get nailed with the 30.00 "fee" With that said ...i was thinking in excess of a 100.00 for freight wich kinda bothered me. In any event..........I stand corrected. Otter is GOD of the Ice fishing equipment world!!!!! On a side-note, I installed the box on my 06 honda rancher AT in about a half hour or less. In my case on the Honda there is ample room under the rack to point the u-bolts downward as described in the directions. For anyone who is interested after the wife gets home tonight I will have her take a couple of pics to post on here. I know I was curious about how it would look on a smaller machine (as opposed to 9000 cc monster machine)My set-up is a 400cc and I think the medium looks nice on there...the large may have been too big. Dave, I did get an email from mandy at otter telling me the bucklet holder is now available so I am going to the HSOforum now to get mine coming!! Thanks again, Iceman out>

Iceman, you're welcome. I'm happy things worked out well for ya. I thought you'd be happy with the freight charges after I heard what they were smirk.gif

I'm sure we'd all like to see some photos, too.

Looks great, Iceman! I usually run the Ice Shield on the other side so when traveling, snow, slop and wind don't go into the tube but that'll work, too. Looks like ya got 'er all packed and ready to rock.

Is it me or does that really put a load on your rear suspension ? Yeah it looks OK as it sits now but what about when u have a portable hitched on back too. How much do you figure the box and all your goodies weigh ?I love Honda's and will prolly only own Honda's, but i wish they had adjustable suspension.

Iceman's Monster Box is the medium, no taillight needed since it doesn't drop down.

Pulling a sled doesn't add any weight and I hardly think all the gear in a box would weight more than 100 pounds, if that.

Thanks Dave!!!

I plan on picking up the "Large" version sometime next week.

This may be a dumb question but,

Do you think I could get the "Large" version in the back of an Impala?? What I mean is enough of it to fit in the trunk area with hopes of using a tie down on the trunk lid with bungys or rope & transport about a 100 miles?

This is so funny that you should ask. I DID manage to get my medium box and auger shield in a 2000 toyota corolla...it was a nightmare and i had to take it out of the box and then seperate the lid from the box...lid went in the trunk and the box with much fenangeling and cuss words was stuffed in the back seat. I also had to remove the auger shield from its box as well. Remember guys....these are called monsters...and they are big. I was a hundred miles from home when I picked mine up and I wished that i had brought my truck lol. Iceman out>