• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm Hands

DrJ

I just bought my 1st sled at age 55. Plan on more trips to LOW ,since the last few years to much snow for my Tahoe. What type on handgear works best? I have heated handles and thumb bar but am not sure how well they will work. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks DrJ.

For me gloves are enough, but if you need more, the handle bar boots (gauntlets) work well for those really cold days and are fairly cheap. Make sure to get large enough ones to slip your hands in and out of easily and allow for easy control.

DrJ,

If your sled is new, your hand/thumb warmers should work just fine for you if you have a pair of good quality snowmobile gloves. Keeping the wind off the hands is key. If your sled's windshield extends out past the hand grips, it makes a huge difference in comfort. If it doesn't, you can buy shields that attach to the handle bars directly in front of the grips. There are also strap-on insulated blanket type covers that work fine for retaining heat but can be awkward for handling. I recommend bringing along a good old fashion pair of chopper mittens just in case.

Congratulations on getting your first sled. They are so nice now days and I'm sure you're going to enjoy riding very much.

Hope this helps.

A pair of Reima Gloves. (gauntlet style)

Best in the business!!

Prices range between $25 and $70 and can be found at most snowmobile, ski, or outdoor retailers.

For better control of your sled, I suggest 5 finger gloves rather than choppers.