• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elite bows

Scoot

Anyone shooting an Elite bow? I'm hearing rave reviews about them. There's a guy at our bow club who's got one and it looks great. Very fast and also quiet- a great combo in my book. FYI- Elite was started by one of the guys who started Bowtech. He left Bowtech, apparently in a huff, and started his own company, Elite. From what I'm hearing an Elite is basically a Bowtech with a lot better factory string.

Just curious to hear if anyone had more experience with them than me and could offer up an opinion.

Kate the step daughter of the owner of Martin archery is the owner of Elite Archery and she married Kevin from Bowtech to startup this company. You likely have seen her on the Martin ads as the blonde hotty that is barely dressed and holding a bow. Anyways, the cam, riser, and limb system is basically a Bowtech. Elite Archery now has to pay royalties to Bowtech for patent rights on the cam system. When they were first introduced the bows were not anodized and had a unique "rubbery" coating as their finish. I don't know if that is still the case or not. Some guys had issues with the longevity of this finish as it had a tendency to wear off. Otherwise, their bows shot just like a Bowtech at a fraction of the price. I don't know of anyone who owns one that can comment on warranty service and repair. Last year when they started it was a company of just the two of them and they were severely lacking in the service department as they were too busy starting up a company and trying to get bows on the market while fighting legal battles with Bowtech. I am doubting they picked up too many employees this year to help out much in that department.

Just a few things to think about.

I have an E-Force. Without doubt, the best bow I have ever shot (I have a switchback too). Good strings, Barnsdale limbs, and cheaper than Bowtech too.

That said, Elite does have an issue with the cams on the 2006 bows. There have been quite a few end loop failures due to loop contact with the cam truss. This failure primarily occurs on those shooting the longer draw lengths. At this time, Elite has designed new cams that eliminate this issue and is currently selling them to the public. Hopefully, the selling of these new cams does not violate court injunctions that resulted from the lawsuit brought on by Bowtech this past spring.

By the way, Bowtech does not own the design on the cams. Rex Darlington of Darton Archery owns the patent rights and Bowtech currently pays him.

Elite's new bow for 2007 sure looks impressive (synergy). I can see one in my future.

Pete