• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the lightest 4x4 out there?

Sonicrunch

My Big Red 200 3-wheeler. Yes I know it isn't a 4x4 but if you ever go threw the ice it will float and easy to move around. Just get a 84 or new and it will come with reverse. Honda's are bullet proof and I have swamped my big red several times and keeps on going. UNBELIEVEABLE engineering!!!!! They still hold good value because they are a Honda but you can find one under $1000 if your on a tight budget.

mr grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

meat run.. your 3 wheeler will float when your NOT on it inless you got the tires over-filled... trust me grin.gif

I have no idea what the lightest 4x4 is.. I know my kodiak is way lighter than most machines its size. Probably a 300 class yamaha as another person stated.

As was said earlier, the Honda 300 4x4 was one of the lightest, most capable wheelers ever made. It weighs in at 526 lbs. It also came with the super low 1st gear for heavy pulling.

This was quoted more than a few times in articles... "The FourTrax 300 4x4, the revolutionary hard-working Honda that would ultimately become the most versatile, most popular ATV in history. Combining an ideal balance of size, weight, power and capacity, the 300s sold more than 530,000 units"

If you are interested in a lightweight auto, the Yamaha Grizzly 350 Auto weighs in at 536lbs.

If you want more motor the new Ranchers are not too bad either weightwise. With a 420cc motor they weigh in at 560 lbs.

I would have to second the Unbelievable engineering of the old Honda 3 wheelers. I have an 84 200m that has been there and back including all three tires up in a river. After we got the wheeler to the other side, we flipped it over and rung out the air filter, and the baby started. They are a great little machine.