• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trapping start and finish ??

CC Hurl

Just wondering when the trapping season ends. Had some trappers mess up my hunt yesterday. I am on private land and thought I was the only one able to be on the land. Well now they have let some guy who traps yotes and coons out there. About 8:00 here he comes and stopes his truck 30 yards from the stand I am in. Proceeds to walk right toward me looks up and says I am going to check my traps and I will be on my way. I dont think I need to tell you I was a little P.OED. So if you guys know how the trapping season works please let me know. I may have to let this trapper guy know next time how I feel about it and maybe he can work on his timing a little better and stay away from my stand sights. He may not have knew my stand was there when he set the trap. He did take the trap with him when he left the area.

CC HURL

Coyotes is year around, coon started in mid oct and goes til Feb. 16th i think, But anyway its starts late fall and goes into Feb. You need to remember that they try to check the traps in the morning so they dont lose what they caught, espiecally coyote, i set mostly conibears so i dont worry about them getting out of those. I don't see why he had to stop right by you but i guess he has a right to be there to, i personally would of came back later.

Ask him if he sees your truck parked by the gate/road/farm house/whatever, to pass that spot for the day/morning.

Maybe get his phone number and tell him when you are out or if you see anything in his trap.

Mabe he's P.OED because some hunter was hunting by his traps.

Communication...

I figured i would do this when i see him again. Your right snap crack. Communication is key.

I hope he was not p.oed. I would think he will mes my plan up long before i would mess his up.

One good thing about it he did kick up a few doe while he was checking his traps. They did come my way just not close enough for a shot. Maybe next time.

Maybe i can find some positive in it as well.

CC HURL

All traps must be checked once each day unless that trap is capable of drowning the captured animal, so asking him to pass on checking that trap for the day if he sees you are out there would be asking him to break the law. Communication between the two of you is key I'm sure you can both work something out that will be a possitive for each of you.