• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Willow Creek Walleyes

Just got back from a fantastic day of fishing at Willow Creek. I personally caught at least 25 nice fat walleyes. They were all just a little shy of the slot though, but fun nonetheless. We boated a nice wiper and two nice catfish, 7 lbs and 3 lbs. Those went home for supper. All in all, not a bad day for pre-Thanksgiving fishing. From the reports on the water, today was a slow day. I was impressed.

In one of the local lakes, the state puts trout in for ice fishing, and ultimately, pike food. One of these days, I will catch one of those hogs through the ice. I did catch a 20 plus pike this summer in the same lake. Trout makes a great meal apparently. Bass, crappie, gills, catfish have all come out of the ice at one time or another for me. Good news, it looks like we have a solid ice pack now, so I will report on the thickness. Clearly, if it stays this way, this will be the earliest I have ever gotten out. Going to be a great winter. Good luck and be safe.