• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How about you Turkey hunters.

We have the eastern birds in MO. I didn't get to spend alot of time out of the city this year but when I was out in the country I did se alot of turkeys! Ain't nuthin better than fried turkey breast!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

It's hard to find access to private land in Mo! There is quite abit of public land to hunt though, near Mark Twain lake you can hunt almost all the way around the lake except in the state park and there are quite a few turkeys in that area. There is even more public land in southeast Mo, but MT is in the northern part of the state.

I seem to recall that at one time MO had a walk in program that some private property owners participated in for the spring hunt a few years ago when I was checking into a hunt there. I may be hunting in MO this spring the first or second week in May on some private ground I've been able to set up.

I've heard there are some Rios or Rio/Eastern hybred in SW Mo. Any truth to that?

Harvey Lee,

If you want a merriams hunt you'll want to check out SD, NE, MT, WY, CO and ID.

Quote:

For me when it comes to shooting a turkey, a turkey is a turkey. I dint care what breed I hunt unless there is a easy one.

Well they're all easy and then they're all hard to kill. Some different charactoristics for each subspecies. It all depends on the particular bird you happen to be hunting. laugh.gif

Although the merriams are pretty and tend to be more vocal than the easterns(especially the hens). Here's a pic of my dad and myself with a couple Black Hills merriams.

2000SDturkeys.jpg

Well I hope to be down in MO the first or second week in May. I'm starting to get the details worked out right now.