• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

96 XCR exhaust options???

Meat-Run

Ok guys no grief about my triple now. So here is my question I was wondering if there is a after market exhaust that is lighter than the factory exhaust system that currently is in my sled now (cheap)? I don't want to go to a triple pipe system but rather reduce the weight.

Here is why this came up. This past fall I was trying to winterize my sled and the rope broke and I had to remove the recoil system and to get better access to that I removed the exhaust, 4-5 springs. When I took the exhaust pipe out I just couldn't believe how heavy that thing is. Anyways I thought it was about time to start some sled talk any how. Any input from you sled heads out their???

Thanks,

Meat Run

I just tried looking around for ten minutes or so for aftermarket pipes on that machine and didn't have much luck. I don't doubt that there are still pipes available, but you would probably have to contact SLP, AAEN, Hot Seat Performance, etc. directly. I would say that a single pipe would probably run you close to $500. You would probably gain 8-10 horsepower and lose about that same amount in weight.

Reynolds,

Hey thanks for the research and feedback. $500 is a little more than what I would like to spend but definetly good leads to who makes the products. I will look at those options and start there.

thanks,

mr

I also did a quick check on the SLP site. Triple pipes are $682. shocked.gif Ouch! They didn't mention a weight but did say they added 23 hp. They also have an exhaust silencer to replace the stock one and saves 6 3/4 pounds. That is $245. Don't forget looking on e bay or snowmobile salvage places.

I just checked out hsolist and didn't see much for aftermarket singles for that sled. I tend to think that most people who bought aftermarket pipes for those machines went with the triples. I'd would just keep checking everyday, and you probably will come across one in time.

Again thanks for your help more than I imagine I would recieve. Any comments or preventative things I can do for my xcr since all I have heard about them is that they are time bombs. I purchase this sled with a covered trailer about two years ago and have not had a problem with it. I just invested in a new track for it hoping to get a couple more years out of it.

Most posts in the past have scared people away and for good reasons from this sled but wonder if there is anybody out there that has good luck and long life with there triples? Any how thanks for your input.

mr grin.gif

I didn't have any problems with my 96 XCR600SP as long as I had it. I think it had a little over 3000 miles when I sold it. I wouldn't be quite so scared of a 96 XCR600 compared to a 95 XCR600. 95's were plagued with crankshaft issues.

The one things I have always loved about Polaris triples is the sound of those engines. Whether those engines are idling or cracked open, the sound they produce is music to my ears.

I REALLY have to admit it but that sound is one of the things that sold me on it. They sound so cooooooool. I just don't want to take it to the next level and pipe it with triple exhaust. I can't justifying anymore money on it because of what I paid for it (cheap).

mr laugh.gif