• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow (pics included)

woke up this morning to a couple of inches of the white stuff...trees were covered! ....looked like mid winter for sure! tongue.gif......took a half hour run with the cameras and here's the end result from this morning...jonny grin.gif

Frame_earlywinteronthecreek.jpg

Frame_earlymornigsun.jpg

this grouse was under a big balsam ,feeding on clover

Frame_novembergrouse.jpg

Frame_quietwintermorning.JPG

Thanks Eyeguy!and welcome to the forum!.....glad more are showing an interest to the photography section here....the programs I use for post processing vary somewhat but the ole standby of course would be Adobe Photoshop Elements of course(been around a bazillion years)I have a 5 year old version but still does and accomplishes what I need I guess...I usually use "Picasa" initially(and it's a free download) for "quick" alterations of sharpening,saturation,"glow",darkening.lightening,etc.......then I go to Adobe for any "fine tuning" of the altered picasa image(compress it here also for viewing as on our forum here)....then(yes then grin.gif).I take that image and go to a "framimg" program (I use 3 different programs depending on the one I may desire that day )to add drop shadows or framing borders or "white haze" etc. for added interest and well..drama or whatever(add captioning, copy right, etc)...and then...I save the altered (save as copy image,never alter the original of course grin.gif)to a photo site or to a CD....I very seldom use an on-altered image...it happens of course ,but not very often...most images can use a little post processing(I feel)...but certainl;y a personal choice andopinion.....just that I like to get the "most" from an image...it's working for me I guess grin.gif...jonny