• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

all season dear license question

Those are 2 very good ?'s to ask your local Warden

Heres the reason why

I asked those same ?'s and a few more to 2 different

wardens over the past 3 1/2 weeks.I'm still confused

1 said i needed to use atleast 1 doe tag with a firearm and if i got bonus tags i needed to do the same

Other warden said i could use my bow on all the deer not more then a combined total of 5 with 1 being a buck

For the 2nd ? i realy did NOT understand what he was talking about since i dont hunt in lottery areas.Correct me if i'm wrong but it sounded like lottery areas also give out bonus tags during certain seasons.It was my understanding during that season (where you can buy extra doe tags)you can use your bow to harvest does.Thats what i got outa his answers to my ?'s

Both Wardens told me i was not the only 1 confused.1 even took my cell number and had to call me back because he had no idea how to answer my ?.His answer to my ? was not how i had figured it was and i'm glad i had asked because i sure the hell would of got a ticket

Never call the headquaters and ask that person who answers the phone.Found out the hard way several years ago.We even had a name to go with the number we called yet still got a ticket.Just ask for how you can reach your local warden.Call the number and leave a detailed mess and a return number they will call ya back

Yes you can take 2 does and a buck with a bow. If you use two different methods - muzzle and bow you can take all three does. You can only take two does max with one method, the third deer with that method has to be a buck.

You can take a doe in a lottery area using a bow.

You cannot take a doe in a lottery area during slug/rifle without being drawn for a doe tag if you are going to use firearms to hunt.

xedge has it listed just the way I understand it as well. When you read it in the DNR printing it is pretty clearly stated and even explains how to maximize your tags. Archery is a continuous season so there is no problem harvesting a doe by bow while the archery season runs in conjunction with the firearm season. As stated in a lottery area, you are not allowed to harvest a doe by firearm unless you have applied for and been selected as an antlerless recipient.