• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley How was hunt 2?

DRH1175

Well i got there about 11:30 and i ended up about a mile back in line. First day i only saw two does about 60 yards away , walked right under another hunter , he must have been only after bucks. Second morning sat and didnt see a thing untill noon then for 20 minutes all hell broke lose , saw a doe and fawn come in from the right just out of range at the same time a doe and fawn were moving in from the left. A nice Buck was following that doe. I tried my hardest to convince the buck to come my way but he had his doe. I thought either way i was going home with a doe or buck. But in the end they all went the opposite direction and i never got a shot, i moved my stand to where they all headed and didnt see a thing. If i remember right i think the first day they got about 148 deer largest only being 213 . Couple nice bucks taken one the main beams looked like they were almost touching. I didnt see the deer i usually see up there not even driving i seen only 1 deer driving out to the stand the entire weekend. And the buck i saw wasnt chasing the doe just following real content like. Didnt see any bucks with real mass taken just the normal. Im not sure what was taken the second day i forgot to ask when i left. Anyway i had myself a good time , im sure others did to .

Another long weekend in Camp Ripley. I think must know I'm in the woods because I see more deer in woods I hunt normally than I see during these hunts mad.gif

Hunted with 3 other guys in our group and hunted the middle of the camp this year. Found a real nice place Saturday morning and proceeded to hunt there all day. Lots of sloughs and ridges to hunt on. I only saw 1 doe there, but the others saw plenty of deer.

My buddy got a nice 8pt buck that went 171 pounds on the scale. grin.gif

Sunday we drove around and hunted a spot we found last year and had the area all to ourselves Sunday night. I think between us all we saw 3 deer that afternoon-evening.

We (group) finally got one under our belts and have a confidence spot. We just have to work on getting closer to the front of the line next year smirk.gif