• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? What is a good Trail sled?

Try Too Fish

If you wanted to buy a new or a few year old trail sled in the Artic Cat or Polaris line with a 2-up and Reverse. What models and other criteria should be top on the list?

I'm not necessarily stuck on the above brands,Its just parts and service will be easer for those brands!

Thanks for the Ideas!

A good trail sled with 2 up and reverse? A 4 stroke touring hands down. I've ridden an '02 Cat Touring 4 stroke and it's a great machine. Great gas mileage, no smoke, efi, half the noise...a cadillac of snowmobiles with all the options (rear rack for whatever and a hitch, standard). Plenty of torque too. The engine will outlast the chassis.

It would be my sled for touring and ice fishing if I didn't like high performance so much. grin.gif

if you can foot the bill 4 strokes are awsome. i wouldnt rule out yamahas either great sleds. If you want cheaper i would go with a late 90s wedge chasis polaris. you can get a descent low mile xlt for 1000-2000 and put a 2 up seat on if it doesnt have one. the long track ride is way better on a choppy trail(xlt sks or xlt rmk) and rev is a pretty easy feature to add on as well.

I would maybe look at a Ski-Doo GTX with the 600 ho SDI.

I had a rev with the 600 ho and its a really strong motor 120 hp. Much MUCH lighter than a 4 stroke and it will handle better on the bumps. The 600 SDI is a really clean burning 2 stroke and very reliable...its gets 19-20 MPG too..thats on par and better than most 4 strokes.