• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Artic Cat 300 4x4

Ice Cold

I just purchased a cabin and it happened to include a 2003 Artic Cat 300 4x4. I have little experience with ATVs and was wondering if anyone can give me a rundown or experience with this ATV or ones like it. It has less than 150 miles on it and includes a plow and a wench. What limits will there be with the 280cc engine which I am pretty sure is the low end for engine sizes. Top speed, weight/hauling capacity, etc. I will probably use if to plow the driveway, get around the lake for ice fishing and hopefully do a little grouse hunting on the machine. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guy next door to me has one. He uses it for bear hunting, trail riding. I think it has HI/LOW and Super low. He said it does all he needs it to do. It is slower than other atv's but also burns less gas and the lo range gears are good so I have heard. 2000+ miles with no problems.