• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Summit brings good luck!

snapcrackpop

Just picked up a Summit Openshot on Saturday and I had to try it out.

Got out to the WMA as a pheasant hunter was leaving, he had seen a big buck leave earlier in the day. Man is that thing light (14 pounds)! I have had backpacks that weigh more. So much easier to set up and climb than my other Ameristep Nontypical with the thick cables.

Got up in the tree and saw a little 6 pt come out of the corn at 20 yards.

Tried another spot last night along a river. Saw 5 does and fawn, a forkhorn and 4 raccoon all within 30 yards. Man that was fun! Haven't seen that many deer since opener last year.

I called my buddy and asked him if he wanted any meat yet. He didn't have time to cut it up last night so I passed on the deer for now.

Cant' wait for the weekend!

Looking at the pic of the openshot, is there no front bar on the top section? Does that make it hard to climb without that bar to sit on when you lift the bottom part up? I'm looking at buying that climber. I need a light climber, my cheap one is just to heavy and bulky. They need to make a small mans climber. Who needs a stand rated to 300# when I only weigh a buck fifty five soaking wet grin.gif

It climbs very easy. The only negative is holding onto the metal V or the cables with your hands. If you can lift your legs while supporting your body weight with your forearms, you can climb.

Carrying a heavier stand is more of a concern to me than ease of climbing.

No, by Albert Lea.

Here's what I saw tonight in a river bottom a little after 6PM and about 10 minutes after I got set up.

6pt.jpg

He was about 30 yards before I saw him and comming fast. Barely had time to get the camera out of my pocket. I stopped him with a quick "maa" as the camera was powering up.

Did I mention that Summit brings good luck?