• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

xbox 360 ?

Bigbartguy

It's always a great upgrade. Some of the Games are awesome (Call of Duty, Perfect Dark) And there are games that are coming out that will rock for it. And of course, everyone month or so Microsoft upgrades the software so that you can play more and more of the older Xbox games on the system. It really depends on if you want to get that, the PS3, or even the WII. Of course myself, I will probably end up with all 3 eventually......:)

Quote:

Fight the crowds and get yourself a PS3 instead... you'll be glad you did.

I fought the crowds (literally) for the 360 and still didn't get one until Dec (came out November). If you wait for the PS3, you might be waiting till next summer. Not only that, but there are going to be a TON of issues with the Blu Ray.

The 360 is at a point now where most of the bugs have been worked out and quality games are starting to come out at a good rate.

There are a lot of nice upgrades from the OG XBOX to the 360. Some of the features I like are

1. The wireless controls. These are probably the best designed controllers of all time. Flawless and the form factor is great. Best of all, NO WIRES!

2. Streaming music. I can link up to my home network and stream music through my surround from a seperate PC and also view picture slideshows on my bigscreen, straight off the network.

3. LIVE...Sony will be trying to compete with the LIVE service, but they have a LOT of catching up to do. One of the cool things is the arcade on LIVE. I honestly have been playing more (free) acrade games then anything lately. Especially Texas Hold'em. Fun against people all over and with voice chat. I know a lot of people who use the LIVE service in place of a phone to talk to friends....free, free, free.

Also a lot of games release add ons or extras that you can download for free or a small fee.

Demos are also available on a lot of games that you an download for free to try a game before you buy it. Saved me a bunch of money wink.gif

4. All games in HD with Dolby!

5. Progressive scan DVD player. No it's not Blu Ray or HDDVD, but it replaced my stand alone progressive and it looks pretty darn good on my TV. Microsoft will be releasing an HDDVD (High Density DVD) component pretty soon to compete with the BluRay. I not really excited about either yet as the price of movies will be high with limited selection.