• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trigger release

Fishdeer

I used the Ultra-Nok XL because I wanted to get away from using rubber tubing on the peep. The ultra nok helped with peep rotation without using tubing.

Another reason I had the metal nok is because my first release was crappy and kept chewing up loops and a string.

Now I use a no-peep and like it, but kept the ultra nok.

Don't forget to never trust the release completely and always have an arrow nocked when drawing back!

I personally have shot both ways. Lately, I have been shooting the loop. It seems that being right behind the arrow would increase my accuracy. Never seen any stuies that back this up though. When I miss, it's definitely my fault! One thign I did notice, though, is that the loop doesn't cause as much string wear.

It took a little while to get used to the No-peep, but now it's great! The toughest part was not being able to look through the string anymore.

However, it makes a big difference for shooting at dawn and dusk.

Look through your peep, then move the peep to the side and see how much easier it is to see at dusk.

Basically it is a way to get a consistant anchor point/head position and gives you more shooting time. I usually get home late from work and I am able to shoot targets with a little yard light.

I don't know, they had the bow setup with a peep already, it was one someone had bought & then brought back right away. I hadn't shot that great with my old bow & thought maybe the kisser was the problem, although I think it was th bow. I did like it, but I've shot well with the peep & had no problem, so it really doesn't matter that much to me either way.