• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LED Light on my pins

WallyGator12000

Quick question,I recently purchased a trophy ridge micro matrix sight for my bow, and at cabela's they sold me an led light that mounts above the sight and shines down on the fiberoptics to light the pins in low-light situations. It works great and extended my shooting time (practice at the range) by about 20 minutes last night. But I got to thinking and wanted to make sure, is a device like this legal? It is designed by trophy ridge and has a bracket for it on my sight, but I want to make sure it is legal to hunt with. Does anyone know? Thanks!

I see you're from MN- I assume you're hunting there too? As I recall, it's legal in only one of MN and ND, but I can't remember which one. I think it is legal in MN. Can someone confirm this?

As I recall, the language written by the state regarding this matter is fuzzy though...

Another thought...

I heard somewhere through the grapevine that if you use an LED type or any type of light to brighten the pins on archery equipment and shoot a Pope and Young class animal that you cannot enter it into the books legally.

I guess this is would only be an issue if you are concerned with getting your name printed in the book.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?