• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ligerwood area duck hunting?

The water has been lower. However a couple weeks ago there was a pretty good rain in this area. This next weekend they should be getting somemore rain. You should be able to still find places to hunt but it will be tougher since most of the summer has been pretty dry. I really haven't seen them congregate much yet. But there are good numbers. It has been so warm not much reason for them to congregate yet.

I deer hunt around the Leonard area which is approx a hour or less drive to the north of Lidgerwood.The water in our area is down but still enough for the ducks.From what I have noticed in flying ducks and birds in the area ponds it is about normal for this time of year,if that helps at all.

I haven't been through Lidgerwood, but I do know that around the Wyndmere area that things haven't been as dry as around the Lisbon / Leonard area. They're still dry, but not nearly as dry around Lisbon. Pretty much any pond around Lisbon that held 1 - 1 1/2 feet of water is dry now, if not more.

You'll likely have to do a little more scouting to find some water to hunt than in previous years, but I don't think it will be too bad in the area you're wondering about.

As iffwalleyes said, we got about 2" of rain over labor day weekend, with more rain forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday which will help things around here.

marine_man

It's much drier than it has been the past few years, the deeper sloughs still have water but the shallow potholes are dry in most places. I've been in the southern portion of the state from the SE to south central- it's drier the farther west you travel. Didn't see near the ducks that we normally would see this time of year. I was going to head to ND for the youth waterfowl but decided to cancel the trip. My Dad checked a number of sloughs but couldn't find a concentration of ducks, plus the weather didn't look good. Don't mind the rain but sitting in decoys in thunderstorms isn't a good idea. Anyway, we'll head over to ND for the youth pheasant hunt. My son's new springer is ready to go and looked good when chasing sharptails so it should be exciting.

Quote:

with more rain forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday which will help things around here.

By the way.. this rain never materialized over the weekend... we got 0.35" of rain... not the all day rain they were predicting. Other areas of ND got some substantial rain, but SE ND was not one of those areas.

marine_man

I drove through Lidgerwood and around that area and west on Sunday morning. Sure enough, there are a lot of totally dried up potholes but there are others with plenty of water. Looks like a nice place but I have to find someone who will let an old guy use their pothole for a few days!! Some nice country over that way.