• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kayak fishing pics or reports....

Hmm, there is only one lake up there that I know with pannfish like that! Those are beauts! It's nice to know panfish aren't stunted every where in Minni. I missed going up there this year, but hopefully next summer because my sister and brother-in-law have a cabin or are in the process of building a cabin up there.

I finally got the kayak wet and what a day to do it! almost nintey degrees, but the 65 degree water kept me cool enough. Paddled up to near the dam area and threw some plastics for bass and got a few good fish.

firstbass.jpg

libthatbass.jpg

nicesmallie.jpg

a lavender bass wink.gif

lavenderbass.jpg

drumtime.jpg

brownbass.jpg

AGOODBASS.jpg

anothergoodun.jpg

rocky

rocky.jpg

nicesmallie2.jpg

Got some good ones, you know where!

I got out for a couple of hours of rearing on some bulls and slabs, you had to use a big plastic, regular panfish sized baits would get sluped up insantly by the hordes of tiny green sunnies in there!

GOTEM.jpg

NICESLAB.jpg

NICESUNFISH.jpg

found a nice calm spot to drop my kayak in for a bit of fishing! Found lots of big sunfish with a few nice slab crappies too! They were shallow, some of the gills were even biting the float! All were caught on plastics and released.

Muleslab.jpg

anicebull.jpg

bigseed-1.jpg

almost10inches.jpg

eveningslab.jpg

fatgill.jpg

agoodspeck.jpg

slabadabadoo.jpg

pumpkincloseup.jpg

rocky-1.jpg

yakslab.jpg

yakbull.jpg

bigbull.jpg[/

Holy Cow!!!! Man are those some nice looking fish!! Nothing better than taking out the canoe or kayak and slapping some nice pannies!!! Nice work. Let me know if you ever need some company while you are out there!!! LOL

I got out for a little pond hopping today and got some nice largemouths. they were shallow, inside weedlines. reeds, and overhanging trees all held fish. Got some on RingN tubes, and some on plastic flukes.

MTstoad-1.jpg

largeiemouth.jpg

littlebass.jpganotherkeeper-1.jpg

keeper-1.jpgfirstbass-1.jpg

nicebassy.jpghungrygill.jpg

bigbutkindaskinny.jpg

toadie.jpg

Sunday afternoon, Deer Lake, ultralight, 6lb test, leech on a jig head and a happy 8 year old brought this in. Getting the fish into the boat was a story in itself and involved chasing a floating bobber on about 20' of broken line around the milfoil. So the question is does it constitute a catch if the line is no longer attached to the pole when the fish makes it into the boat? cool.gif

2007_0610071850006.jpg

2007_0610071850007.jpg

I was out this afternoon on my kayak and caught a good share of fish, got 1 walleye in 4ft of water which came as a suprise, and a couple decent largemouth oh yeah and a sunburn frown.gif

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z132/badfish1111/100_0366.jpg?t=1181695010

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z132/badfish1111/100_0370.jpg?t=1181694934

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z132/badfish1111/100_0369.jpg?t=1181694951

Yeah the tranducer is right inside the hull. Its quite easy first I got a piece of foam and cut out the shape of my tranducer then I glued it down to my hull, I used vaseline(you can also use silicon) on the bottom of the tranducer and stuck it in the foam..you just have to make sure theres no pockets of air, if you want it permanent you can use marine goop but if you ever want to take it back off...good luck.

Then I just wired all my wires where I want them (which still needs some work) and for power im using 8 rechargeable AA batteries. hope all that made sense