• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Dakota Opener

harvey lee

The weather was not very good.On Friday I went out for a couple hours and saw a few little ones and the rain got so hard I quit.Saturday morning was a down pour and the evening I hunted with a sprinkle and saw 15 deer,but not one to my liking.On Sunday it rained in the morning and I stayed in bed.Sunday evening was a little better with 10-20mph winds and nothing wanted to move.Monday morning was so foggy I said enough and came home.The ponds and river were the lowest I have seen them in the past 15 years.Tough weekend to hunt.No bugs at all. smile.gif

I will go back next week. smile.gif

Exactly! Man, I'd love to get a nice doe opening morning. I'd take a buck too but I'm being realistic as I don't usually see many moving in my area until the rut. then they're looking all crazy and about as worked up as I am in my stand when I spot them.

Anyway, thanks for the update and good luck next weekend. Can't wait for MN opener!

On Friday, I saw 7 including 4 bucks in velvet. All within bow range, all bucks had velvet and the one fawn still had spots. Went out on Sunday, but TOO much Traffic and atvs and dirt bikes running all evening next to property I hunt. Still ended up seeing a couple, and had 4 wild turkeys near me!! Weather was good all weekend, except for light showers on Sat, but I hunt near Grand Forks. It was fun to get in the stand again.