• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Bros. - Rod Repair

Had a small canoeing accident this summer, and snapped a rod tip from a nice jigging rod of mine. The tip broke off with about 2 inches of graphite with it, about halfway between the last guide and the rod-tip. I was tempted to snap the little peice of rod off, and replace the last guide with a tip.

Took it into Thorne, and they slapped a tip on the thing. I asked why. They had a good point in that removing any part of the rod will drastically affect the action, and they were right. Even losing 3 inches made a big difference. I don't think I'd use the rod if I'd done what I had intended to do.

As always, they did it in short order (while I was getting some other things), and for very cheap. Thanks!

Joel

I broke the end of my finwick eagle, in a cross swords action fishing with my son. It was a 6' medium action, I lost 5" it broke at the 1st guide. I slapped a new tip on the rod. It soon became a great rod for skipping tubes under docks, as well as jig fishing.