• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chubb Lake WMA - South of Lakeville

MntkaFishin

Has anyone hunted this WMA before? If so is it shoulder to shoulder archers? I've spent some time this summer getting to know the area and have noticed that it's been very quiet as far as foot traffic, I'm just wondering what will happen once the season opens. Any experiences would be great.

I hunted Chubb lake several times last fall. There very few archers there. In fact I only ran into one other guy bowhunting. There were lots of duck hunters on the lake as well as a lot of small game hunters. Without trying to be too racist or durogetory (sp?) almost every time I went there, there were small game hunters of a certain ethnicity that were moving all over the place, rarely using blaze orange and when I asked if they seen any deer they didn't speak english. When I talked to the CO about the no-blaze orange thing he said it happens alot there because of the proximity to the city.

I scouted there several times and hunted there 3 times. I NEVER saw a deer. There is lots of sign, but I think that the deer are somewhat nocturnal because of all the daytime pressure.I'm not blaming one thing or another, I just think that certain types of pressure create difficult hunting conditions and its happened on several of the WMA's closer to the cities.

I say good luck. I didn;t hunt there till Oct. so who knows what it will be like near the opener. The areas on the eastern and SE corners looked more promising that southern portion.