• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shopping for ATV

dustin85

the StarTrib shows 2006 500 carbs at Red Wing 5099, Diggers 4999, Power Pro 5299. I'm sure these dont come w/ winches and plow, or any discounted financing...but I still think you'd come out ahead. $7k seems like alot, even for out-the-door.

you can't pull these ads up online, but they were in the Sunday paper

not sure if youre looking at Camo- Red Wing 5799, that'll add some $$ as well.

I have a 500 and it's great for me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think you should be more in the $6600 range atfer tax and license for a Sportsman 500 with a plow and winch. I know a couple of weeks ago Polaris was selling 2500lb Warn winches for $250 if you bought one with a new machine. You have to figure even with retail prices on the plow and winch, which you won't pay: a winch which lists for $499 (2500lb. Warn), a plow for $500-600, and getting the machine on sale for $5199 you can't be much over $65OO out the door.

Bristows has an ad in the local paper 06 700's starting at $5999, I believe that is probably carbed. But I called them last week on 06 500 efi's and they were at $5799 as a base. They also have 06 800EFI's listed for $6950

I got my polaris 2500 warn winch on hsolist shipped for $310. It is an easy install. Anything you can do yourself will save you some big $$$ most dealerships charge $70+ an hour for labor/install rates.

I would agree with something fishy about getting the winch online. Got my 2500lb. winch shipped for under 300 bucks. Easy to install. As far as the plow goes, it's just a matter of mounting one bracket under the wheeler and your done. Shop around, 7 grand seems too high.

I don't know wich 500 you are looking at but a month ago I picked up a the 500 ho with EFI with winch, sticker price $6,999. Add windsheild,hand warmer,thumb warmer, lock & ride box,mirror,rear polished stailess bumber. stainless brush guard and reciever hitch and ball, $7,773 before tax and lic. This machine was the red spiecal eddition.

Be sure to ask if you don't take the winch how much discount do they give you. Most dealers "free" winch is pre worked into the price i found around $300 discounts for not taking it. also ask if that is the new polaris branded winch or the warn winch made for polaris, I am not sure of the differences I just know that warn has been around for a while.

Is there price for a standard color or are you spending the extra cash for the mossy oak?

I also have the red limited edition and if I had to do it over again (or on the next machine) i would get the mossy oak as you don't see the scratches and wear like my painted L.E. does.

These $5000 numbers been thrown around are believe are for a new "non-current" (2005) carb Sportsman 500. I was just at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and he said the 2006 500efi was going for $5799. I bought a 700efi myself and ended up at $6700 after tax, license, and a windshield. I could have got a winch for an extra $250, but I chose not to. I am really kicking myself for not buying one now.

Yes, my prices included installation of the winch and plow. I have tried to get a couple of dealers to match the lowest price I have received(7060.50 out the door with 52 inch plow and winch installed including tax and lic.) and was told that "the dealer that gave me that price has to be losing money" and nobody will match it....I have called about a dozen places to get quotes....reynolds,.....where did you buy your 700 at?

I did buy the Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI today. Got it eith the 2500 lb warn winch, 52 inch plow/frame/mount and cargo box for the back rack. 7450 with tax, documentation, and registration.-Later!

Dustin

Quote:

I did buy the Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI today. Got it eith the 2500 lb warn winch, 52 inch plow/frame/mount and cargo box for the back rack. 7450 with tax, documentation, and registration.-Later!

Dustin

Post some pictures of your new toy when you get a chance.

-Josh-

What dealership did you purchase from?

My girlfriend just got financed for a machine today and we plan on picking up Thursday. Here is what she is getting:

06 500 EFI Black/Silver

Front Wrinkle Black Brushguard (installed)

Rear Wrinkle Black Bumper (installed)

Hand/Thumb Warmers (installed)

Warn Winch (installed)

Lock N Ride Rear Cargo Box w/Backrest

2 mirrors (one for me)

36 Month Extended Warranty

After tax/title/liscense OTD $7445-

I tried to talk her into the Mossy Oak but she likes the black/silver.