• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

checkerspot (pics included)

Good stuff Jonny. Nicely done. Cool when nature produces creatures from two different kingdoms with virtually the same colors. I'm looking in Larry Weber's Butterflies of the North Woods, and wondering — might this really be a northern crescent?

Tom, checkerspots and crescents range from about the size of a quarter to a half-dollar.

grin.gif.egg on my face tongue.gif....it's a northern crescent!...I'm lookin in my "larry weber" as we speak..it's a northern crescent for sure....they are "kinda " alike but there's a spot on the wings that gives it away...(kinda yellow on each wing that the checkerspot doesn't have........kudo's Steve on your "good eye".... grin.gif....and thanks all for the comments.....I'm no Jim Brandenberg but I'm having fun anyhow grin.gif