• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One more bug shot (photo included)

I tried a similar shot as yesterday but this time I used the tripod and a wider DOP.

blackandyellowfull1largelo7.jpg

Camera Model Name

Canon EOS 30D

Shooting Date/Time

8/7/2006 08:17:28

Tv(Shutter Speed)

1/8Sec.

Av(Aperture Value)

F9.0

Metering Modes

Evaluative metering

Exposure Compensation

+1/3

ISO Speed

Lens

EF28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

Focal Length

53.0 mm

Very nice shot floating minnow. I am not sure if you did any PP on the shot, if you did it is very well done. If you didn't nice job shooting right out of the camera.

That's a nice composition, Mr. Minnow. grin.gif

I notice it looks quite blue, as though white balance was thrown off a bit. If shot RAW, you can easily fix that on the preview screen by changing white balance. If jpeg, you can go into levels and drop the blue to make the colors more true to life.

Color balancing can be frustrating. Take out the blue and then the green and red pop more intensely. In this case, it now looks much better (at least to my eye and monitor). To be more clear, the colors look more natural for the bloom and the bee than the bluer cast in the original image.

Awesome photo Jonny. I understand and appreciate Steves critique. But, what caught my eye in the initial photo was the blue/purple legs and even though it might not be quite the "natural" color(s) that we might expect, after seeing the initial image, the second image doesn't catch my eye like the first. Sorry for the long sentence. This is just my amature opinion and I thoroughly want more advice on PP...

Wow, it is funny how opinions (even my own) are like the wind. Upon further review...the PP certainly brought out the yellow and the flower seems sharper also...and, you really didn't loose much of the blue/purple leg color. Maybe my monitor is acting up? (more likely my brain!). Again, nice shots.