• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snake Trail/Stoney Brook (pics included)

headed out this morning to a little brook trout creek I used to fish years ago north of Hibbing..just north of Sturgeon lake chain...I didn't have my rod and I should have taken it as I did see some brookies under the brush overhanging the creek bank...got a few decent photos though of the area and is certainly one of the nicer scenic drives in my area.....just nice being out this morning...cool in the woods for once!..jonny grin.gif

DSCF2265-1.JPG

DSCF5436-2copy.jpg

norway pines

DSCF5441-1copy.jpg

DSCF5444-1copy.jpg

saw 22 deer and this is the only shot I could get this morning......buggers are fast sometimes!

DSCF2266-2.JPG

stoney brook

DSCF5448-2copy.jpg

DSCF5449-2.JPG

DSCF5445-1-1copy.jpg

I threw a small dry stick 1" long into a pool on the creek(you can see it in the middle of the rings)in the thought a brookie might think it's a fly

DSCF2297-1.JPG

and a brookie hit it! shocked.gif

DSCF2300-1.JPG

That looks like a very pretty place Jonny. Was the blur on the middle shots intentional, or was it a humidity thing? While I'm not a fan of blur in most instances, it does give the viewer a sense of dreaminess--kind of like when they show the dream or memory in a movie.

Thanks guys!....oh,you know me!..I had to play around and experiment again.......lol! grin.gif.......just "photo shopped a tat"....I still have the unaltered originals of course..just wanted to see what the "slightly blurred" effect was like.....Yes,it is pretty country and only a half hour north of me...jonny