• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

With the good comes the bad.....time to mow again.

Powerstroke

Now that I've received 2+ inches of rain I finally ahve to mow the lawn. Its been 14 days since I last mowed and we have sprinklers!! shocked.gif

With the hot spell complete I can also do my summer fertilizing.

I wish the best for those who let their plants and lawns go during the hot spell. Hopefully they recover from dormancy.

Yeah, we had four inches in two days up here. Good news for the water bill, since roses (we have several) need to drink a lot, bad news for me, since I half thought the dry would continue into fall.

Now I've got lawn springing up again all over! mad.gif

Places in my lawn were in the 5-6" range. I had to cut tall and I will make a second cut on sunday to get it back to 3". I was also able to spray the clover that is taking over my yard. The stuff I got seems to be working so hopefully this fall I can get a hold on the weeds.

Do you guys suppose you could do your rain dance over here near Osakis? That last line of storms dropped heavy rains from Nebraska to Canada but completely split around Osakis. Even Alexandria got 1-1/2" out of it. I didn't get enough at my home to be able to record it. I watched the downpours move by on the north and south and could see it split around us as it got close.

Haven't mowed my lawn since June 13 and don't expect to be able to do it for quite some time.

Bob

I usually have to mow anyhow because I have a couple varieties of grass in my yard and they will grow at different rates. Of course the non-desired varieties grow faster than the normal (Kentucky Bluegrass?) variety. I sure wish I could get rid of all the rest of that stuff but its darn near impossible without starting over.