• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

450 Wolverine

Ely Lake Expert

Have had the 450 Wolverine for about 2 months. So far so good. Took it to Red Top a couple weeks ago and went on all the open trails without ever putting it in 4x4. (didn't hit the sinkhole) From what I understand the biggest difference is the body style, and the lack of racks on the Wolverine. The tires on the Wolverine also lean more towards a sport bike than a utility model. In the research I have done so far, and the companies I have contacted I should be able to do just about everything I could with a utility model. A lot of the after market accesories are still in the R&D stage and being run past "corporate" for approval. Despite what the HSOforum says about only fitting a 1.5 warn winch on the wolverine the dealer in Cambridge works with a local company that makes a bracket allowing a 2.5 winch to fit. And the local plow manufacture is working on adapter plates that should be ready time for snow. Hope this helps a little, oh I see the 2007's are out for a couple weeks now so there may be some subtle changes.

nine-tiner,

Don't worry about the Sink Hole. It's not like the old days when you really needed a machine to make it. My son rides through it just fine on a Kymco 150 2X4 crazy.gif.

I knew about increase in engine size on wolverine, but kodiak is a 450 also.

Maxis (sp)

Tires/Front AT23 x 8-12

Tires/Rear AT23 x 10-12

from what Yamaha HSOforum says made especially for the wolverine. I have read on other forums that people have been changing to "mudders" but if that is all I was after I would have got the Kodiak..I was after the "sport" the wolverine provides with the ability to change to 4x4. (I sold a 2003 Rancher ES to move up in size)

I have not driven the Wolverine 350, but would think there would be an obvious increase in power.It might be masked by the belt driven transmission though on the 450, since the old 350 was a foot shift model.

Sorry, my reply was incorrect. I have driven a Wolverine 350, just not the 450.I cannot tell you what the 450 automatic is like powerwise compared to the footshift 350, but I'm sure there is improvement in power,speed, and suspension.