• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have a dog that is not mine, does anyone know whos it is?

Hi,

I was out at our family's hunting land on July 3, which is located just off of highway 4 close to whiteface resevoir. There was a dog there, we didn't think anything of it. It followed us around the yard and ran along with the fourwheelers. So we left. Next day we were out there riding again, look behind us and that dog came out of somewhere and was sprinting to chase us down and hang out again. So we were out there again late last night to pick up a trailer, and there she was again sitting in the yard like she was waiting for us to get back. So we opened the vehicle door and she jumped right in. Anyway, to get to the point, she is a real nice dog. She looks like a yellow lab, possible a mix, but the yellow lab color. About 55 pounds. She has a collar but did not have any id tag. Very nice smart dog, she seems pretty well trained and definately housebroken. She liked our other dogs and cats and every person she saw. So whomevers dog she is, is probably missing her. She was happy to eat and stay at our house last night, but we really don't want another dog at this point in time. So I really hope we find her owner. If anyone knows whos dog this is, just post on here and I will email or call ya.

Ryan

The microchip is implanted in the skin to track lost animals. Most vets have the equipment to check for them (they also put them in).

Another rather obvious thing to do is put up posters wherever you can saying you found the dog. Also, radio stations and papers will usually put on those kind of announcements for locals for free. Need to get the word out so if someone is looking for her they know you got her...

GOOD LUCK!