• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tired Dog?

mcmsek

My 9 month old black lab is normally very full of energy all day long. After the long 4th of July weekend at the cabin when we brought her back home she seems very tired all the time, normally in the morning when we take her out of the crate she starts jumping all around, not anymore. Could she be exhausted from the long weekend or could there be comething wrong with her? She also changed food to Diamond about a month ago, I dont know if that could have anything to do with it. Any input is appreciated, I think I just worry about her to much though!

I don't know if this is it but when my Wire Hair was about 10 months he got that way then one day he couldn't even get out of the kennel I brought him in and he had gotten lymes desease so just a thought.

I wouldn't worry about it yet. I think you have a dog that just happened to get worn out over the weekend. My 15 month lab, who is normally the tazmanian devil, didn't even hang out with me last night. She spent all night laying in bed. Last Fall after our first weekend of hunting she slept the entire following week. I was worried too. I watched her constantly. I thought Lyme's as well, because when you tried to pet her she would crouch down. Turned out she just got her first real taste of a "work out". You're dog will come around. If you don't see her playing again by Monday, then I'd bring her in. For now, it sounds like your dog got its first real "work out" in, and now she's just darn tired. They say that Labs start to mellow a little bit around 1 year old. Your dog might have a little of that going on too. It's kinda nice when their tired like this. smile.gif Finally a little peace and quiet. wink.gif

My guess is the long holiday weekend and a little heat stress. I know I don't quite have the "lilt back to my step" yet this week! and They don't call them "the dog days of summer" for no reason! Keep an eye on her and she should come around...

Good Luck!

Ken

Good Luck!

Ken

My 13 month old is just getting back to normal after this weekend. It was nice having him so tired and mellow around the house that we are going back up to my parents place for the weekend to let him swim and run around again!!!!

As far as lymes disease if you suspect it get your dog Checked asap reguardless if they have had the vaccine. It isn't 100%. However, most likely it is just that the excitement of the weekend is what did it. I have a golden that is quite crazy most of the time. After trips, after any time away from home it usually takes a few days to get back in the mode of everyday. Nothing to worry about this is normal and you will find that out. Third your food choice. I would personally try a different food if you switched. Diamond is really a lower quaility food. Try one of the Nutro foods, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin, something a little more high quality. Anything with By products stay away from. You owe it to your pet to feed them a quaility food.