• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help needed--Lengby-Island lake

mojo

The family will be staying at a cabin on Island lake near lengby, mn the last week in July. Any information on this lake would be helpful. The kids like to catch panfish while dad likes bass, pike and waleye.

Are there other lakes near there that we can lake hop to.

Thanks

mojo

My inlaws just sold their cabin/house this month. Its definately full of panfish. Both sunnies and crappies are thick. Usually "eaters" are the norm, fun for kids for sure. Places to start are just left of the access(nice weed bed) and on the edges of the little islands. Hammerhandle northerns aren't rare either. I used to "old school" fish them pulling spoons and spinnerbaits, my niece had a blast over Memorial Day this year catching slimer with me and my wife. Walleyes have there moments in there as well. I have witnessed both a 29" and 30" out of there. Anyway, just watch out for all the fourwheeler traffic around the lake. Its belyond annoying on the weekends. I don't get why all the locals(and North Dakotans!) just don't pave the road and get golf carts, because ALL they do is drink beer and drive back and forth shooting the talk all day...

thanks for the advice I will try a reposting under a different subject line.

Gorrilla Thanks for the heads up on the 4wheelers. everybody unwinds in different ways. We are really looking forward to staying on the lake and hope to enjoy some quality fishing. Do you know how the bass fishing is? The wife wants to know what the water quality is like for swimming?

Thanks again

mojo