• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Lil' Keeper

On Friday June 30th, 2006, my fiance gave birth to my beautiful son. His name is Claude Hunter. He was 20 1/2" long and tipped the scales at 7 lbs. 5.4 oz. He is so perfect, I already have a fishing rod ready for him. And I guess, due to his birthday, his first gun will have to be a 30-06. We were blessed with this little boy.

Unfortunately, he is taking over a place on this earth once occupied by his great grandfather, Claude Alvin Dobbins. My grandfather's health has been going down hill for some years now, and last October he went into the hospital. I went to see him and told him he had to wait until lil Hunter was born so he could see him. He lives in Arkansas and thanks to the internet, he got to see his great grandson before he passed. I called my cousin to let him know I sent a photo in email and he printed it out and gave it to my grandfather, 5 minutes after getting the picture, he took his last breath. I really wish I could have introduced Hunter personally, but I know he now gets to watch over him all the time.

Anyway, here are a couple photos.

First of Hunter

IMG_0193.jpg

Hunter and Daddy

IMG_0265.jpg

And now a photo to remember my Grandpa.

IMG_0209.jpg

It is hard to lose a loved one, no matter how old they are and how full their life was.

How gratifying to him it must have been to see that picture. I know of many cases where the elderly are ready to die but hang on until some key moment they've been anticipating passes, and then they pass shortly after.

He saw his blood continued on the earth, and I'll bet that meant the world to him.

Beautiful story of very personal significance. There are lessons to be learned in what you wrote. Thanks for having the courage to share the story and pictures with us.