• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What was that?????

deadminnowcatcher

Basically the reason they picked Roy and traded him for Foye is becuase they were able to still get Foye plus a cash payment in exchange. So they get Foye plus cash instead of just Foye.

And I think they basically traded their 2nd round pick this year for a second round pick for next year. I think they did that so that they wouldn't be having 4 new rookies coming out for the team all at once. They can have maybe 3 rookies both this year and next year which is easier for the coaches to deal with.

This ia all according to an assistant t-wolves coach they had on KFAN this morning.

Some early reports say they got a million bucks from Portland, so I would say it made sense to take Roy and then trade him for Foye, but I say that cautiously because I like Roy better. Dick Vitale thinks Foye is the best player in the draft so we'll see. I will hold back my praise, as Kevin McHale always finds a way to screw things up. I heard rumblings on ESPN radio that Iverson is a possibility for the wolves. Iverson and Garnett sounds better than Hudson, Davis, Banks, Jaric, McCants and any of our other stiffs teamed with Garnett!!

I heard McHale say he was pretty hands off with this draft so that could be a good thing.

Iverson is rumored to be heading to 6 different teams right now so I wouldn't hold my breath on that trade. I doubt we have the players to make a better package then all the other teams.

But we need something since it sounds like McCants might be out for a long time with micro fracture in his knee.

I wonder if they wanted to try to trade Roy and Jaric for Foye and Miles. Portland along with most others knew we were foaming at the mouth for Foye so we just did the trade we did. Nets us a couple Mil in the end over the length of the contracts (6th to 7th spot pay difference plus any luxery taxes, etc)

I don't see AI coming here. Based on how much they're expecting for him I think it'd be a bit to painfull to get him but I thought I'd read that philly was really high on Foye as well so who knows. Everyone wants AI right now and it sounds like a lot of teams are willing to offer whatever they have to.

Really liked Griffin's potential but if the accusations are true it really makes ya wish we'd have traded for something when he had some demand. Drunk, watchin the flicks and driving at the same time... um, oh yes and hitting other vehicles. Lucky he didn't kill anyone.

Another Report I heard:

There was a report that the T-Wolves and Grizzlies were working on a deal. The Grizzlies wanted Roy, but knew the Trailblazers wanted him, so they had the T-Wolves draft Roy, with the belief that the Trailblazers would take Gay or another player instead of Foye. Then the Wolves and Griz would have made the trade. However, Portland some how caught wind of what was going on and selected Foye so then as a result the Wolves traded with them and they both got the player they wanted.

I never really understand the NBA draft