• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks!

Headin' North

Hi Folks.I've been lurking around this site for awhile and thanks to the outstanding photographic work by all of you,not only decided to join,but bought a new DSLR as well.My wife and I started feeding birds about a year ago and it has become quite an addicting hobby.Naturally the next step was to take a few pictures with a digital point and shoot,which wasn't doing the job ( not to mention the skills of the "photographer" are somewhat lacking being a photography neophyte ).So we bought a Nikon D50 and a starter zoom,hoping as our skills progress,someday we can buy better lenses.Although I do have to say that there are some folks on this site who do a very nice job with point and shoots.So maybe it's not the equipment after all.My thanks again,and I look forward to kicking around the subject of birds,photography and fishing with you.

Hey Headin' North:

Welcome to FM. Good to see you here. We'd love to see some of your work whenever you feel like sharing it, and don't be bashful about posting some of it, even if you think it doesn't "measure up." We are nice people! grin.gif

......Welcome aboard.....Headin' North!......great bunch of people here!...I've learned a "bunch" from these guys and had a lot of fun in the process....when I think about it,I spend a lot of time on this sight........I think it's our second home! shocked.gif..... lookin forward to your "pics and posts"...jonny(oh ya...I'm the guy with the "hopped up," turbo matic s9000 point-n-shoot bridge camera grin.gif

My thanks to Dbl,Tom and jonny for the welcome too.Jonny,you were who I specifically had in mind when I said some folks with point and shoots who do some very nice work.There are some very talented people on this site.I've always enjoyed the work by Steve,Tom,Dbl,jonny and Buzzsaw,just to name a few.My apologies if I've left anyone out,but the list would be pretty long.

Just got home from the neighbors kids graduation party and saw the post, I look forward to your added insight and what I'm certain will be nice pictures. You have some very educated and talented people that provide information and insight to the photography world (Steve, Hobby, Jonny, DBL, Tom, Michael Cary, Floating Minnow) to name a few. I believe that people who look at your pictures will tell you what you can do to improve (if you desire) and thats kinda what it's all about for me, as well as showing people images that they may hopefully appreciate. New blood is always good! wink.gif

Quote:

By the way,I'm a big Gopher hockey rube.We'll have to talk

That we will! How about the NHL draft, #1 overall pick from Bloomington,MN! Only the fifth ever american to get drafted #1 overall in the NHL and he's one of our own. Not to mention Kessel, Okposo, Mul\eller etc.... the future looks bright.