• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Yamaha's

LMITOUT

There is a lot of speculation that this is the year. The Grizz has been relatively unchanged for quite a few years and has fallen behind with not having an EFI engine of at least 700cc's (big bores). A lot of rumors say that it'll be a revamped Raptor engine. They keep a good secret that's for sure as there has been no info leaked.

The side-by-sides will also be released tomorrow night.

I'm wondering if they won't add a big bore model and leave the Grizz to fit the 600cc+ slot with some minor tweaks such as EFI. Then they would have 400, 600, and 800 class machines. I can't see them not going to a 750cc or bigger to compete with other manufacturer's big boys, and yet they would need a middle sized option as well.

We'll find out in a little over an hour if I can stay up that late. Probably just check the site tomorrow morning as I just bought my Grizz and not in the market anyway.

Well, it looks like they went to a 700cc with EFI.

Power steering too.

All the automatics have the Grizzly name while the manuals are labeled Big Bear.

the wolverine is still being made it was just in the sport bike section, not with the utes.

I really like the wolverine, yamaha is the only other company that has gotten smart and made something similar to the polaris scrambler, still a 4x4 but some what sporty too. It just needs to be faster, a bigger motor, and a better suspension(more travel), and somebody to make some after market stuff for it and I would look at it a little more closely.

I also see it has the push button 4wd, has the wolverine always had this, or is this the first year? Can you be going 50mph and just press the button and the 4x4 engages or do you need to come to a stop to have it fully engage.

It has its pros and cons and I really like the concept, but would still pick the scrambler over it.

still a great machine, would be a good trail rider, its an automatic, and a 4x4 but not a big huge utility

Ahh, ok I found it now, just didn't look at the sport section yesterday, i am a 4x4 guy. Anyway, I am still frusterated with Yamaha turning the wolverine into an auto. I had a 2001 wolverine 350 manual with some minor mods. I loved that wheeler and I probably would have riden that one forever but one day it met a nasty rut at the top on a big hill and it met lots of rocks on the roll back down the hill. So lets just say the insurance company bought that one from me. If the new wolverine wasn't an auto, I would be on the way to the dealership right now, or if I could find a 99-03 in good shape I would buy it up in a second, but I can't find one.

Rundave,

You compared it to the scrambler. That comparison has been made for years and years. Like I said I owned a wolvy and have driven many scramblers. Power goes to the scrambler simply for engine size. suspension, if you like to jump and do tricks the scrambler is better, but for trail riding I like the wolvy better just because the suspension is tighter. Tires and clearance the wolvy is way better. Handling is a personal preferance, but again I like the wolverine.

Also, you said if they made aftermarket part for it, you would look closer. Well you better start looking, there has been a bunch of aftermarket parts out for the wolverine since the mid 90's. smirk.gif

lots of parts for the 350's nothing for the new 450's that I have found, maybe im looking in the wrong places

the wolverine has higher ground clearance 8.7" vs 5.5", but I already feel top heavy on the scrambler, I felt even worse on the wolverine, it just didnt seem as agile around the corners etc, uphill/down hill I feel way more comfortable on the scrambler, but thats just me, maybe I needed more time on it, its hard to judge just on a test drive.

as far as suspension the scrambler stock has 8.2" inches of travel up front and 10.5 in the back, versus 6.3" up front and 7.1" in the rear on the wolverine. I dont like that the scrambler has struts up front although I have upgraded them, the wolverine has a double wishbone which is hands down better and I think elka makes some shocks for it(wish I could say the same for the scrammy)

also the scrambler is 50'lbs heavier (571 vs 516), but I will take the extra power, top speed on the scrammy is 63 vs 54 on the wolverine.

both good machines in my opinion, pros and cons to both. someday someone will make the perfect machine lol