• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullhead baits

ocf

My personal preference in order while trying to catch bullies "Flathead Bait" is Leeches, worms, corn, minnows.

People say why waste leeches on bullheads, I do it because 1- they love them 2- they stay on your hook well and I often catch 6-10 bullies per Leech.

Night Crawlers probably work best but they are such mess to handle.

One thing your going to want to do is pinch the barbs on your hooks and jigs this will help immensely in getting the hook out, I like to set the hook right away you may miss a few but this avoids the dreaded gut hook which ruins the Bait/food/fish..... grin.gif

Good Luck.

almost anything. if i dont have worms or leeches i go to the cupboard. corn 1st, hot dogs 2nd, marshmallows 3rd. the list is long. but tops will always be half a nightcrawler. i actually have been bullhead fishing 3 days straight. do you guys just fish them for bait, or enjoy catching them like me.

From my experience, if the lake is loaded with bullheads, even crappie jigs works in catching them... Im serious!!! I know this one lake, and it is LOADED with bullheads.... ALl i use is crappie jigs and i still catch em... Yes, i know they usually uses their smell senses, but some how, for this particular lake, i still catch em on crappie jigs...

Ralph- what's your favorite recipie for bullhead? - that and if you'd be willing to share some wisdom on where in the metro to get decent eaters, I'd be most appreciative- off forum is cool too- my email is gpbakken at gmail.

thanks~

Grant