• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carbon arrows with fingers

You can shoot both aluminum and carbon arrows with fingers. The determining factor is how good are your groups on the target? A mechanical release will help make the release of your arrow more consistent, so you'll end up with more consistent groups. I shot fingers for years, under the theory that if I forgot my finger tab while out hunting, I could still shoot but without a release, then with my new bow I couldn't get a consistent group, the guy at the archery shop talked me into trying a release, my groups tightened up, I'll probably never go back to fingers. No more pinching of your fingers, no calluses, plus most importantly, I'm a better shot with a release.

Everyone talks about how an arrow bends and reacts after a shot is released. When an arrow is released with fingers it tends to bend mroe side to side but still has a lot of up and down too.

With a release, you eliminate the side to side since the string doesn't go around your finger tips.

This factors in the type of rest you have. I'm not sure a WB would be a good rest for finger shooters since its a containment rest and there is so much action in the arrow after the release.

Finger shooters can be just as accurate as release shooters if its what you practice and your bow is setup and tuned to be shot with fingers. Also, a finger shot bow will benefit from a release, but a bow set up to be shot with a release will be pretty inconsistant if shot with fingers. Try different things, but if you want to be interchangable, then talk to your pro shop about products that are more forgiving to finger shooters.

Sorry to digress, you can shoot any arrows you want. as long as they are spined for your application, it is your preference.