• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellowstone

For anyone who enjoys photography at any level, Yellowstone has got to be of best places you can go to get a lot of pictures in little time. Everything from elk, bison, black bear, grizzlies, coyote, sandhills, pronghorn, mule deer, moose, eagles, raven and all kinds of waterfowl. I was there at the beginning of May and here's just a couple out of the hundreds of pictures I took.

eagleelk11af.jpg

Bald Eagle on an elk carcass

eagleelk20mf.jpg

barrowspair16wj.jpg

A pair of Barrow's Goldeneyes

elkriver0sh.jpg

Bull elk 'working' on his 6x6

wyoming25cz.jpg

Heading home through the NE entrance

There's truly no limit to what you find out there. The greatest thing is you always have a beautiful backdrop, no houses, junk etc. to take away from the subject.

Yellowstone really is a great place. I went throught there this past summer on my way to the Tetons (which is equally as fantastic). My wife and I are heading back for another week's worth of backpacking later this summer. I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

smallies24 - thanks for the great pictures. Looking at these reminds me of the summers I spent out in the Yellowstone area working during my college years. Yellowstone is a remarkable place! Almost everywhere you look there is something to take a picture of.

Thanks, it's easy getting good pictures when everything is right in front of you. If you're heading out there it is well worth picking up a camera with a 200mm lense or so. I couldn't believe the difference. Here's a couple more.

bisonpanoramic4qg.jpg

Bison

p10100266lq.jpg

Rainbow from the Madison River

muledeerpanoramic1kb.jpg

Mule Deer

yellowstonelakepanoramic11qq.jpg

Ice breakup on Yellowstone Lake

FYI - best place we found for wildlife was East of Gariner towards the Northeast entrance of the park. That whole section came alive in the evening. Good luck on your trip!

Brian