• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canoeing for largemouth (5 pics)

took my solo canoe to a small local lake near Hibbing(Oxhide) ....temp was 30 degrees this morning shocked.gif....figured I try some top water lures today...didn't take long as I was back in 2 1/2 hours grin.gif....nothing big but sure was fun as I had 6 "hits" and landed 3 grin.gif...those bass sure can be fun!......all released of course to fight again.....jonny grin.gif

june10thbass023-1copy.jpg

june10thbass022-1copy.jpg

june10thbass007-1copy.jpg

june10thbass020-1copy.jpg

"ouch!...watch the eye mister!"

june10bass2012-1copy.jpg

Johnny,

Not sure how I missed these, I must not have been checking this forum for a few days or something.. Great pics as always!

Ever try worms or senko's on some of these local lakes? I was pretty impressed how well they worked the first time I used em over on Twin lakes last week...

I'm originally a Pengilly native, so I should be up there sometime in the next couple weeks, I'll have to get out there and give Oxhide a shot!

Let me know if ya wanna get together out there for some bass!

Later, D

thanks firetiger and fishermn!....those pics were taken with my older "fuji s5000" point and shoot....takes great, crisp, clear pics even though I've "upgraded" to the next level of the point and shoots...the "fuji s9000"...I usually take both cameras on my forays out and each camera has it's own place and properties...the pics here are only 3.1 megapixels and had it set on "macro mode" for the close ups of the bass...I also "post process" a good percentage of all my pics and these were no exception...I tend to lean on more "clean crisp,vibrant colors " in my photos but that is certainly an individual thing (some people prefer softer images and I certainly soften certain photos myself,just depends on the photo) .......just what a person prefers on a personal basis........ jonny grin.gif