• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gilbert, MN Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area

SomethingFishy*

The wife and I went last summer. There are multiple opportunities for places to stay or camp. We (she) chose to stay in nearby Virginia because of the availability of more amenities (stores and restaurants). I'm not sure there is enough to ride more than a day without retracing but it is actually better than my expectations of it were. We also brough our bicycles and did some riding on those the second day in and around Virginia and checked out the mines. After leaving there, we went down and rode the Moose-Walk Moose-Run and RedDot trails near the north shore. Later in the evening we also rode our bikes on the Gitche-Gummi bike trail to Splitrock. All in all, a very nice vacation.

will have to agree with macgyver with it only takes less than a full day to cover everything there note if you are going to play in the water/mud wear some clothes you plan on thowing away otherwise they turn red and stain will never come clean again think i still have a pair of pants i tried to clean but still have a tint of red lol that and my tires on my wheeler got sliced up pretty good with some of the slate rock thats there fun place to go though

Not trying to disagree with teh ATV'rs, cause I've never done Gilbert IN an ATV, but ina 4wd truck/SUV there is a large amount of stuff to do out there and it could take all week to do it and thats if your vehicle was capable to tackling the toughest trails.

I think there is a lot to offer on site and in the general area. Check with the DNR HSOforum. They list all the public ATV trails as well as showing on a map.

Somethingfishy...I replied to your post in the post that I started about the Mississippi River fishing in St. Cloud, did you see that? My wife and I are also looking at the area you asked about for wheeling...maybe we could meet up and make a trip out of it? Send me a PM if you can, [email protected]. Thanks.