• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exude Micro Shad Tastes Good

MisterTwister's Exude Micro Shad has been on the menu for the crappies as of late...

MJcrappieWL.jpg

With a tiny profile, the Micro Shad mimics both natural forage, as well as the desired presentation for these cold-water fish. Only measuring in at 1 1/8 inches, the Micro Shad is designed with a paddle-style tail that allows for a slow fall and excellent thumping action.

The Micro Shad comes in 6 colors:

PinkWhitePearlBack.jpg

Pink/White Pearl

WhitePearl.jpg

White Pearl

ClearSilverFlakeBlackBack.jpg

Clear Silver Flake/Black Back

WhitePearlBlackBack.jpg

White Pearl/Black Back

ChartreuseBlackBack.jpg

Chartreuse/Black Back

PumpkinPepper.jpg

Pumkin Pepper

The Exude Micro Shad also comes in 3 Tri-Colors as well:

RainbowTrout.jpg

Rainbow Trout

BrownTrout.jpg

Brown Trout

FirePerch.jpg

Fire Perch

I prefer to fish the Micro Shad on a 1/32oz collarless jighead, but a 1/64oz jig will work well too.

A great presentation for pitching shallow or deep water panfish. Fish it below a float, vertical jig it, or just pitch it and hop/drift it back.

MJcrappieWL2.jpg

The Micro Shad has been a mainstay of mine the last couple years, and I've been pretty partial to the White Pearl and the Pink/White Pearl.

An excellent option for both crappies and sunfish, and they are built "tuff," so they can withstand several fish before wearing out and having to be discarded. Exude's Tuff-Flex technology allows the plastic to be both soft and durable.

As a panfish geek, the Micro Shad has earned a spot in my arsenal, and I have one rigged up on one of my rods at all times.

MJcrappieWL3.jpg

For more info on the Exude Micro Shad check out MisterTwister's website... www.mistertwister.com

Or to receive a special FM Member dicsount when ordering CLICK HERE

Enjoy the Spring panfish action! smile.gif

Matt, I have been using these little gems since I first found them on the shelves 2 years ago. They do work well fo the sunfish as well as the crappie. I use the white pearl black back as it best imitates Mr. minnow in my opionion.

Were you on a west metro lake for the action or North or South. I know you fish all areas of the state, and now in your brand new toy!!!!!

Crappies like them but I wouldn't suggest biting into one yourself. From personal experience YEEECH. Worse than Gulp. Let's just say on hot days Exude "melts" a little and ripping open the package with your teeth is not a smart thing to do. The pearl shad has worked best for me. The exude twister grubs are also very productive.

After this morning I now realize how versatile these plastics are.In 1 hour this morning at a local lake with a 1/32oz collarless jig and a white micro-shad,I caught and released 14 crappie,9 nice gills,1-9.5# carp and a 26.5 inch eye. smile.gifAll caught on a 6ft ultralight with a Tica ice reel and 4# Gamma line.That darn carp spooled me and the eye was not a easy battle either. cool.gifGreat jigs and how versatile. smile.gifAll caught between 5 and 6 a.m. in less than 8fow.

We worked over a pod of sunfish relating to some shallow lilypads this past weekend.

We pitched Pearl White Exude Micro Shads up amongst the pads and they were more than eager to intercept the Micro Shads and play a game a tug-o-war!

MJgillLT.jpg

We fished the Micro Shads with a 1/32oz collarless jighead, and coupled that with a 4 pound test copolymer line. Bobber below a float or fan-casting worked well...

I just picked up some of those brown trout and rainbow trout colors. I've got an idea that needs to be carried out.

PS.. Rather than a float under a bobber, somebody should try a barbed bobber. Lately, I'd had countless hits on my bobber/float from smaller pesky bass. How can I concentrate on crappies when bass keep sucking my bobber up?

The Exude product continues to impress me! Last night I opened a package of the Exude Nymphs and tried them for the very first time. I may have found a new best friend! The fish had turned negative due to the weather we were having last night, so I knew the bite would be tough. Larger baits produced basically nothing, so I threw on a 1.25” (micro sized)\ Exude Nymph fitted on a 1/32 oz jig head. Cast after cast, I was reeling in fish.

These Nymphs with all their tiny tentacles drop oh so slowly and that’s where I had the majority of my bites.

Ironically this is the exact color jig and body I was using!

nymph.jpg

ty_crappie.jpg

I had VERY good luck with the white pearl/black back micro shad on yellow perch last winter. Thier bellies were full of baby white perch, so the color was perfect.

The nymphs work great on trout in open water as well. I have had my best luck with pumpkin pepper.